Moose Hunt Details & Help

Moose Hunting Dates:
· Non-resident archery season is Sept 16 to Oct 6
· Non-resident rifle season is Oct 16 to Nov 15
· Calf season is Oct 21 to Nov 3
· We run our hunts from Saturday to Saturday
· Check in is 2 pm, check out is 8 am.

Bull Moose Hunt Archery: $2500 per person / minimum of 2 persons / includes 2 Adult Bull Moose Tags

Bull Moose Hunt Rifle: $1500 per person / Minimum of 4 persons / includes 1 Adult Bull Moose Tags and 3 calf tags

Calf Tag Moose Hunt: $950 for non-resident calf tag hunt

· Lakeside cabin for the week, fully equipped for housekeeping
· Orientation on hunting area
· Retrieval assistance
· Freezer service
· Boat, motor and ten gallons of gas

Not Included:
· Non-residence Moose hunting license $483.48
· Export Fee-$35
· Firearms Declaration Form - $25 CAN - (Phone: 1-800-731-4000)
· Taxes
· Food & Drink (Housekeeping Accommodations)
· Ground Transportation
· Firearms Declaration Form ($25 - read below or download)
· Sport Fishing Licence ($52.41) (Buy On-line)
· Conservation Fishing Licence ($29.97) (Buy On-line)

What To Bring:

· Bring a valid hunting license and outdoors card. This is required to issue you a non-resident hunting license.
· Warm Clothes (Never know what the temperature will be)
· Hunter Orange hat and vest (camo orange is not acceptable in Ontario)
· Previous hunting license CN or US
· Weapons of choice, gun or bow
· Soft guncase or bowcase (legal requirement)
· Bug jacket and repellent
· Rain Gear
· Extra Footware/Gloves
· Flash lights (Batteries)
· Binoculars
· Coolers & Freezer Bags for meat
· Hunting knife/sharpener
· Fishing rod and tackle
· Food & Drink

Moose Hunting Notes:

· Rifle should be at least a 270 or larger. A 300 WIN MAG is recommended.
· Bow hunters must use a bow with a 50-lbs. pull or better. 60-lbs. pull or better is recommended.
· When taking a shot, rifle hunters should be 65 yards or closer. Bow hunters should be 20 yards or closer.
· By law, all guns must have a trigger lock and be locked and in a transportation case within 1/2 hour after sunset and 1/2 hour before sunrise.
· Hunter orange must be worn at all times while hunting or transporting to-and-from the WMU.
· Hunters need to bring their old hunting license and proper personal identification.

Please click here to download .pdf reader

Ontario Hunting Regulations:
Visit the MNR website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca for hunting regulations.

Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 or by emailing mnr.nric.mnr@ontario.ca

Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.

Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information

You can also download the form as Adobe .pdf

Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.

Fishing & Hunting Licence & Outdoor Card:
Non-residents can buy a hunting license, fishing license and outdoor card on-line here on-line here (off site)

Back To Moose Hunting Introduction Page